The Dream Guru Waltham Media Ltd
The Dream Guru is the latest project that we are currently working on. In a nutshell ‘The Dream Guru’ service allows the public free access to an online ‘dream diary’ to record their dreams. We were asked to assist in the development of a dream interpretation system capable of quickly analysing a dream and providing the dreamer a high quality and accurate translation as part of a pay-per-translation internet service.
- Creation of a very quick and simple way for members of the public to create a free dream diary.
- To create a system capable of analysing a dream.
- To give the owners a rich-set of tools to generate the analysis rules.
- To create an attractive brand aimed at the 13-18 age group.
- To create a dream interpretation service with full face-book application features.
- To allow users to pay for a dream analysis using their mobile phone rather than a credit card to help target the younger face-book generation.
- To create strict parental control tools to prevent overspending, user banning etc to address parental group concerns found during research.
Our only brief was that we had to create a brand attractive to a 13-18 age group. For this reason we chose to go for a bold recognisable brand. The website has been developed to be as easy as possible to use. We are still developing ‘The Dream Guru’ so you’ll have to wait to see the final product!
The Waltham Media team was very excited to take on this project. Although simple in concept, the technical requirements provided an excellent challenge. The interpretation engine that was required to cover the 80,000 keywords has been very complex. For example dreaming of eating a strawberry, seeing a strawberry or seeing someone else with a strawberry all have different interpretations for the single word strawberry. The Waltham Media team had to learn how dream analysis is performed in order to create the logical engine required. We have called this the ‘dream context engine’. The end-solution is being developed in ASP.NET as VB.NET using SQL Server as the database solution.
We were also excited to take on our first project which required a phone-only based micro-billing solution. This works by paying users providing the dream guru with their mobile phone number, and the guru adds his service fee directly to the users pay-as-you-go phone credit or monthly phone bill.
The project is still being developed, the dream experts are working hard to translate all their dream interpretation knowledge into the logic rules that are used to run the service. In essence, the Dream Guru is not open for service yet as he is currently going through school!