Haiths Retail Website Waltham Media Ltd
J.E Haiths has been supplying quality bird seed mixes since 1937 and has been trading very sucsessfully for a number of years on-line. Waltham Media Ltd was approached to build a new e-commerce solution with a focus on search engine optimisation techniques for which their existing website fell short. We were also asked to provide hosting services and support for their on-going internet trading activities and web-based marketing efforts.
- Creation of a retail website capable of heavy shopping usage
- To create a website designed to cater for the particular needs of their search engine optimisation strategies and to introduce new social-network techniques into reaching new target audience groups.
- To provide a website with a new clean interface whilst minimising the impact and learning curve on the companies existing customer base.
- To advise and help implement an online marketing strategy in light of growing volumes of competition entering the market.
- To provide the necesssary infrastructure and technical support for hosting the website and providing the integration needed for their existing office stock system.
- Knowledge transferrence: Staff training in new areas of internet marketing to help strategically develop haiths e-commerce team into full-time internet marketing experts.
Waltham Media helped to advise Haith’s existing catalogue designers on the specific design needs required by the website and the search engine strategies that needed to be catered fromthe ground up.
Following production meetings with Haiths management and study of their integration requirements, the technical approach recommended was a managed dedicated server running an SQL database on Microsoft Windows Server. ASP.NET was the chosen architecture in which to construct the website.
After a three month build, the website was launched in January 2010. Existing customer feedback was very positive as was the clients feedback. In the first three months of launch, the search engine strategy saw a 100% increase in the number of search engine listings for the first placement, top five placements and top ten placement, notablity some search engine listings jumping on the first page of Google by eight positions. We continue to support Haiths e-commerce team on search engine strategies which are continually repaing positive results as well as provide their on-going hosting support and maintenance. The clients seven figure website turn-over continues to grow and we look forward to contined internet sucsess with a client that really is the market leader of it’s industry.