Di-Moda Clothing Retail Website Waltham Media Ltd
When the original management of Di-Moda Clothing first opened it’s high-street doorsof their menswear retail bsuiness we were asked to develop and manage the e-commerce side of the business. We worked closely with the management team to help setup the entire business for online retail and to help kick-start the development of the company’s e-commerce customer base.
- To create an on-line brand that stands out in an industry of heavy competition.
- To create a website with a simple management system for non-technical shop staff to control product information, stock levels and to access sales info.
- To create an internet-fraud detection system to reduce fraud losses. On-line fraud is a major distractino for online menswear retailers.
- To create a shipping system that integrates with Royal Mail to provide customers with the ability to enter a tracking code to see dispatch progress.
- To create a website that takes all major credit, debit cards as well as paypal payment methods.
- To setup a photography studio and work-flow for putting product imagery online.
- To manage the marketing budget to help generate awareness and customers of this brand-new company yet to have any natural Google rankings.
- To come up with something special for the website to get on the radar of the Drapers E-tailer awards 2009.
Our creative process saw multiple drafts and designs before we found the end vision. Working with Di-Moda’s creative head we came up with a ‘menswear catalogue’ feel with attitude. We used a variety of bold colours, cool photography and slick flash-animations. One special feature we enjoyed creating was the outfit designer – allowing customers to drag and drop t-shirts, jeans, shirts etc onto a catwalk to create/design an outfit for purchase. We promoted this tool as the websites homepage to ‘be a little different’.
The website was launched in January 2009 with the focus on the outfit-designer as the companies home-page purely for the purposes of ‘standing-out’ from the crowd and purposefully timed for the Drapers E-tailer awards nominations. As a result, we are very pleased to say that the website was short-listed for Drapers Best New E-tailer in the 2009 E-tailer awards. On the awards night in London, we co-ordinated with Drapers staff to have the websites 2009 collection put on the model with a runway during the nominations party. As a result we managed to put this new mens designer clothing store onto the radar amongst fierce competition; also beneficial in aiding the development of supplier relationships. During our relationship with Di-moda Clothing we saw month-on-month growth, the companies accountant said our marketing was responsible for a 300% growth in sales.